Colon Caco-2 Barrier Integrity
OrganoServicesTM are available for multiple assays to allow compound profiling and/or screening in human-relevant, complex 3D tissue models.
When developing new drugs, it is critical to understand the permeability, absorption, and transport mechanisms in relevant biological systems. An important prerequisite to study this is the epithelial barrier function. To assess the barrier function of epithelia in vitro electrical measurement of the impedance is the golden standard. We developed a barrier integrity assay using Caco‑2 intestinal tubules cultured in the OrganoPlate® together with the recently introduced OrganoTEER®, that measures the transepithelial electrical resistance (TEER) of perfused epithelial tubes.
OrganoService Colon Caco-2 Barrier Integrity offers:
- Screening of your compounds in our developed Caco-2 intestinal model
- Screening of up to 16 compounds in one concentration per OrganoPlate
- 2 Technical replicates and 3 control samples
- Option to extend the compound screen with more plates, in case a larger screen is desired
- Raw and normalized TEER values in a clear data report
Some examples of applications that can be performed using this OrganoServiceTM are toxicity tests of chemicals or therapeutic candidates and evaluation of food ingredients for gastrointestinal health effects.