The use of 3D cell models is rapidly increasing in popularity since traditional 2D cell cultures do not always resemble the physiology of the human body. Although the alternative solution of animal models can also be useful, this can be costly, time-consuming, not always predictive for human outcomes, and is burdened with strong ethical pressures from society.
But for many researchers, implementing 3D cell model imaging and analysis is still something to aspire to, since it can be perceived as difficult and expensive. In our webinar, with MIMETAS, we will provide a general introduction to getting started with 3D cell imaging and show how you can get powerful new insights from 3D cell models quickly, easily, and affordably. If you are considering how to get started with 3D cell imaging, then this webinar is for you!
As a first step, you will see some example 3D human models in the OrganoPlate®, a unique 3D organ-on-a-chip platform, including models for gut-on-a-chip, angiogenesis, and immuno-oncology. You will then discover some of the benefits of using automated microscopy for the analysis of these 3D cells models, particularly focusing on the ImageXpress Pico Automated Cell Imaging System, a ready-to-go solution that combines high-resolution imaging with simple but powerful analysis. With the workflow we will outline, you will be able to start running your 3D cell model applications in no time.
What you will learn
- How to select the correct model and get started quickly and affordably
- How to set up 3D organotypic tissue models in the OrganoPlate® and assess them with relevant assays
- How to easily set up your imaging workflow using the ImageXpress Pico system
- Chiwan Chiang, Application and Development Scientist, MIMETAS
- Matteo Cattaneo, Imaging Application Scientist, Molecular Devices